500g spelt flour white or brown to your taste
½ tsp salt
1 tsp quick yeast
1 tsp sugar
300ml warm water
1 tbl Veg Oil
1. Preheat Oven to 220c/fan/200f/gas 7
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, quick yeast and sugar
3. Carefully measure the water and thoroughly mix it into the flour
4. While the dough is still claggy add the oil and knead well until it feels smooth and pliable
5. Leave the dough in a bowl covered with a cloth in a draught free place, to double in size (about an hour) To make a quick bread omit this stage and proceed straight to step 6
6. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough firmly for several minutes
7. Shape the dough and put it into an oiled 1kg/2ib bread tin.
8. Cover and leave dough to rise for about 25 minutes in a warm place.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 35/40 minutes.